My lovely wife was perusing her SkyGrid feed this morning and ran across a review for an app called Heyday. The review is on Maclife.com (click to see it). Although the app is demoed using an iPad, it appears most of the heavy lifting is done in the cloud. There is no native iOs version according to the review.
Heyday looks like it will pretty much take care of monitoring your activities. That will save the NSA time and effort. Among other “features” Heyday promises to:
- Create a catalog of photos on your device, organizing them by date, time, and location;
- Add new photos taken with your device to the catalog;
- Track your location at all times, producing a map of where you’ve been;
- Share this information on Facebook;
- Send you push notifications of anniversaries of past events;
- Sync most of this via Heyday’s cloud services.
All I can say is that if you sign up for this, you deserve each and every privacy violation that you receive for the rest of your life.